[Phpwm] MySQL DB/Table Sync (Maakit)

Pete Graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:07:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a site which has a live and preview database. When the client
is happy they push a "publish to live" button in the cms and all
changes from the preview db should be moved over into the live db.

There is currently a publish action and some (buggy) sql doing this.
I'm thinking of replacing it with a syncing solution such a Maakits
table sync:
 - http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-table-sync.html
 - http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2007/03/18/introducing-mysql-table-sync/

Has anyone had any experience using this or Maakit in general? I could
hook the publish button up to a script which dumps the preview db and
replaces the contents of the live db with it, however this seems
inelegant and ideally I'd like to avoid any downtime on the live site.
I'm open to alternative solutions to this issue if anyone has them.

Thanks,
Pete