[Phpwm] [phpwm] Magento - generating XML product feeds for TradeDoubler

Gavin Kimpson gkimpson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:27:06 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I am using Magento for a client (took over someone else's project who
has since left) and I am trying to generate an XML feed for
TradeDoubler from all of the products within the database.
The official Magento forums seem to be of little help, and
documentation for Magento doesn't seem to be all that in my view.

Has anyone used Magento before? Can you provide any advice on taming
this beast called 'Magento'!

The actual XML feed that I need to generate looks like this.. I don't
suppose anyone else has made TradeDoubler feeds via Magento?
Thanks in advance

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<productFeed version="2.0">
    <product id="example01">
    <name>Bra</name>
    <productURL>http://www.yourwebsite.com/bra.html</productURL>
    <imageURL>http://www.yourwebsite.com/bra.jpg</imageURL>
    <price>12.99</price>
    <description>Its a bra</description>
    <fields>
        <field name="Colour" value="black"/>
    </fields>
    <categories>
        <category name="Bras" tdCategoryID="74"/>
    </categories>
    <sku>abc123bra</sku>
    <inStock>100</inStock>
    <size>32 B</size>