[Phpwm] Job opening for a PHP Developer / Linux Admin who likes training...

Derrin Kent derrin at tdm.info
Tue Mar 23 01:01:41 UTC 2010

TDM ( http://tdm.info ) are an official Mahara Partner (follow the link to
our book on Mahara from the Mahara front page here: http://mahara.org ) and
an LPI Approved Training Partner ( See here:
http://www.lpi-uk.org/training-partners/tdm.html ).

 We would like to ask colleagues from this list to alert unemployed
colleagues as to this opening.  Please help us to extend our happy and
hard-working team with a multiskilled:

 *PHP Developer / Linux (LA(M/P)P) Administrator / Linux Trainer* salary to
30K

 The ideal candidate will have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or a
related subject as well as LPIC-2, Zend Certification and 3 years of
educational or commercial OSS development / Linux webserver administration
experience.

 No Teleworkers need apply. UK Work Visa Essential.

As a PHP developer, you will have:

   -

   a responsibility for developing custom features and functionality for
   Mahara and a range of other Open Source Software applications (eg Moodle,
   Drupal)
    -

   an eye for usability and clean UI deployment
   -

   some experience in module-writing for OSS (eg) mahara / moodle / drupal
   -

   development experience using PHP5, MySQL / PostGreSQL, Smarty Templating,
   APIs and web services + (X)HTML, CSS & Javascript (AJAX)
   -

   a clear passion for programming: enthusiasm to learn Python, Android SDK
   and Java would be an advantage.

 As a LAMP administrator you will have:

   -

   Linux+Apache webserver management experience incl. BASH scripting for
   processes and routines
   -

   experience of security monitoring, updating, upgrading, patching &
   software / server / apache improvements (incl. data security improvements)
   -

   experience of performance monitoring (webalizer / munin) & response
   -

   experience of MySQL / PostGreSQL database administration experience

 As a Linux Trainer you:

   -

   will be required to join our team in designing, delivering and
   continuously improving our face-to-face, blended and distance-learning
   training courses. The courses will lead to LPI certification:
   http://www.lpi.org/eng/certification/the_lpic_program - initially LPIC-1
   only.
   -

   will be financed to undergo training towards your own LPIC-2 and LPIC-3
   qualifications in order for you to deliver training at these levels.
   -

   will be required to work some evenings on intensive “boot-camp”
   programmes and may be required to travel (hotel and expenses fully paid) to
   deliver on-site training courses.

 As a member of the TDM team you:

   -

   will also be required to show some flexibility in your job role according
   to the business drivers at the time. Two examples: 1. You will certainly be
   asked, in the early stages of your employment to support the TDM
   Instructional Design team to create high quality learning objects using the
   Xerte platform: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/  2. We will ask you to
   lead our application towards ISO 27000 standards: http://www.27000.org/
   -

   will be expected on our behalf to participate in and contribute actively
   to a selection of vibrant international online communities of practice:
   incl. OSS developers, Learning Technologists and Linux system
   administrators.
   -

   be expected to work in the beautiful Georgian Riverside town called
   Bewdley in Worcestershire. See: http://www.bewdley.org.uk . Bewdley hosts
   many good restaurants, pubs and cafes and also:
   http://www.wyreforest.co.uk/ , http://www.svr.co.uk/ and
   http://www.wmsp.co.uk

 If you have the skills and experience required and would like to know more
details, then please send your CV to derrin at tdm.info or call 01299 405719.