[Phpwm] Broadband recommendations.

Andy Cowan andy at w4.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 15:42:55 UTC 2010

On 4 October 2010 16:25, Martin Meredith <martin.meredith at mobilefun.co.uk>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Andy Cowan <andy at w4.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Link? I can't find an ISP called WebTap
>>>

>> Sorry Martin - WebTap = Web Tapestry, who you've already mentioned. I was
>> agreeing with you :-)
>>
>> http://http://www.webtapestry.net/ (but you already knew that!)
>>

> Aha, ok, I get it now!!! I only reccomend as I've previously used them when
> I could only get ADSL, and they managed to get me a line where everyone else
> said it was impossible AND they also managed to impress me by having decent
> support. (Actually knowing what I meant when I sent them a  traceroute :D)

We've found they're excellent at picking out the best option for any
particular exchange/distance, getting difficult installs done and providing
excellent performance over *whatever* option is available.

Support-wise - yes, they do know what they're doing, but they know it and
they don't suffer fools particularly. If you know what you're talking about,
they're very good, if you're not a network engineer, you're better off using
a reseller who can talk to their support for you.

A.

--
Andy Cowan

Creative Director, W4 Creative Ltd
Doubleday House, High Street
Solihull. West Midlands. B91 3SJ

Website development, hosting and internet strategy.