[Phpwm] linkedin group is now open

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 07:14:07 UTC 2011

Alex Mace wrote:
> Why don't you set up a filter to delete them?
Oh they are all in the 'junk' folder, but while I'm happy to silently scrap
messages which are not correctly addressed ( and they remain in the mail server
for seven days just in case ), the occasional 'good' message does end up in the
wrong place, so a manual scan is appropriate.

Many sites nowadays have the courtesy of providing the option to opt out of
future messages and actually honour that request, so I see no reason why we
should not pressure for this as standard net etiquette? And following up with
reminders is just discourteous so switches me off to that site which is the case
with this one.

Same as 'spam' - I don't bother with any site which is so discourteous ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL