[Phpwm] Time management

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 10:50:28 UTC 2011

Dave Brotherstone wrote:
> Can't speak for Eclipse obviously, but "git clone url" and "git
> submodule update --init" do exactly that.  The same things are
> available in Tortoisegit.

It is slowly getting back to what we have in CVS
But you missed my main point here ... TortoiseGit does not work transparently on
Linux :(
At least TortoiseHg does and can read any git repo - just can't map git
subrepo's to hg suprepo's - actually it can't handle subrepo's at all yet!

>> >  Perhaps we all need to scrap GUI interfaces and return to 'DOS'? I have no
>> >  doubt that everything works fine from the command line - I keep being told
>> >  that:)
> Command line FTW!:)

I've actually cobbled together some good old batch files to do some of what I am
missing. But it would be nice if the fact that there is still a number of
incompatibilities would be accepted. Rather than the usual attitude of hand
washing because it works fine command line wise.

codeigniter is on Hg which is also swinging my thoughts to simply not worry
about git :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL