[Phpwm] Symfony2 • Git(hub) • Pagodabox • PHPfog

Ed Lea edleadesign at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:53:31 UTC 2011

> > I don't want to wait for zend framework 2
>
> Then don't wait. The current Zend framework is very widely used and is
> also damn handy as a component library in other projects & frameworks.

I use a lot of zend on soopsee already and I guess I could use it in any
symfony sites too. no particular reason not to go fully zend, just like the
look of symfony2.

> cloud service like Pagodabox or PHPfog
>
> Any particular reason you're favouring cloud services? If it's for
> personal projects you may find it a good experience to have your own
> virtual server, with an environment you can tailor to your projects.

I have a managed dedicated server at the moment and it's a pita. I'm not a
sysadmin and I would rather have something with cache and load balancing
layers built in and something that scales really fast.