[Phpwm] Table @ PHP Conference.co.uk

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 17:46:56 UTC 2011

On 7 Feb 2011, at 08:44, Mike Tipping wrote:

> Are you forwarding this to see if we think it's a good idea?
>
> In which cases YAY! I'd be happy to sit at a table and talk to people in
> breaks.
>
> It'd be a guaranteed place to eat lunch on if nothing else. :0)

Haha.

Well, they're offering us a table, but we don't really have any logos/leaflets etc to display on a table.I'm not adverse to printing off a few bits of paper to say e.g 'PHPWM ... <contact details etc>' and leaving them on the table (a bit like the "tear off a strip which has my contact details on"). Does anyone have any designs?

My random thoughts are :

 * Moo style business cards - get 100ish, and leave them on the table so people can pick them up - contains website/twitter/mailing list etc
 * A few items of paper saying 'PHP West Midlands' in big letters ...
 * Something detailing some of the talks we've had - and perhaps the venue - to give prospective members an idea of what they might get from us.

Chris [minion] created a phpwm logo (See http://phpwm.org) earlier today, so I guess we're part of the way there.

Any other ideas?

I see no real need to have the table manned all the time - so it just being there with bits of paper on ought to be sufficient, I'd have hoped?

thanks,