No subject

Tue Feb 22 18:54:42 UTC 2011

Virtual Box image and migrate it to AWS, but I'm not sure if you can
copy a live server setup to Virtual Box for development.

I've recently taken over a project being hosted on AWS EC2. The
project requires linux and a fair bit of custom configuration to run,
so this seamed the best way to setup a dev environment (our
development machines are Macs).

I appreciate the this question isn't PHP related, are people ok with
server infrastructure/hosting questions being discussed here? Is there
a more appropriate list for this sort of thing? If there isn't then
then maybe one should be created. I plan to post this on on
http://serverfault.com/ too, but from my knowledge that's more
question & answer compared to open ended discussion.

Thanks,
Pete