[Phpwm] [Job] PHP Technical Director

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 16:35:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've had this from a recruiter; email me if you want contact details...

thanks
David.

Location: West Midlands+
Salary: 60k + other benefits
Skills: PHP, Management, People management, Mentoring/Training etc.

Blurb from recruiter :

"I seek a business driven PHP MySQL (Zend or Yii) Technical Director / Development Manager who can help technically mentor and full line manage a talented group of Developers as well as liaise between Account Managers and client to maximise a 40% growth (new offices and acquisitions) in the business and further penetrate the accounts of household brands throughout the year. The organisations are a worldwide famous brand with differing arms of their business spread across multiple UK and worldwide sites. Whilst perhaps spending 10-15% of your time working hands on in a show and tell manner, you will be responsible for recruiting, appraising, motivating the team and ensuring that the time scales fore delivery is accurate whilst having a firm grasp of the importance of quality work. You will have spent at least 4 years as a PHP MySQL Developer in the past and then at least 2 years in a management capacity where you liaise with external clients. You wont be afraid to upset in the drive for quality and will want to voice your opinions further up the management food chain. Because of the investment an growth in 2011 the role has been created rather than as a replacement which is a good sign and given further business diversification into mobile, interactive and social networking there is a chance for you to move into a Managing Director role on any of these new verticals. 2010 has seen the business deliver on all of their targets and deliverables that the board has set up. In return for your work they are offering a salary around the £60,000 mark and this will come with all of the technical kit you might want in terms of phone, laptop and more as well as gym membership, healthcare, pension scheme and separate bonuses schemes based on objectives."