[Phpwm] Job Opportunities

Tim Cumming tim at cybacat.com
Mon Mar 21 16:04:16 UTC 2011

I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest this thread has generated and am grateful for people's honesty.

I have taken on board everything that has been said and have amended our salaries on offer accordingly...

junior developer now 17,500 to 20,000
senior developer now 25,500 to 32,000

We are a small outfit and have always recruited school leavers in the past (hence the original junior position salary offers) but accept that, if we are to attract even reasonably technically experienced people, we have to be more realistic with the pay on offer. In all instances we are looking for people we can keep so working towards higher salaries is definitely something we are keen to encourage.

I have to say that it is interesting (and a little frustrating) that, in this time of austerity, huge job losses and the highest rate of school leavers being on the dole in recent times, developers are in such seemingly short supply.

Cheers again and Dan... I'll be in touch shortly as promised :o)

Tim