[Phpwm] Which browser version?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 08:57:59 UTC 2011

Gareth Western wrote:
> The Chrome Frame (http://code.google.com/chrome/chromeframe/) was
> created in order to make it easier for companies to take advantage of
> newer browser technologies without necessarily having to change their
> browser (apart from having to install the frame, of course). But I
> haven't heard of any companies that have actually done this. Have any of
> you?

The licence terms on Chrome have been flagged as a problem by many security
audits and while some of the original restrictions have been removed, google
still retain access rights which could be a problem when accessing secure data
via it. At least that was the situation a while ago, and I don't think any of my
customers bothered wasting any more time on it - since they do not have the
resources to waste. It is still viewed as a portal to advertising tracking and
the like which is simply not acceptable in local government.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL