[Phpwm] Apache DoS vulnerability

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 14:37:53 UTC 2011

Yes, they (Apache) have released a fix -

https://lwn.net/Articles/457039/

But I think Debian rolled their own fix - as per

"Fix handling of byte-range requests to use less memory, to avoid denial of service. If the sum of all ranges in a request is larger than the original file, ignore the ranges and send the complete file."

and :

https://lwn.net/Articles/456887/

Although once released through Debian you would expect Ubuntu to effectively deploy the same fix and so on....

David.