[Phpwm] Mike Harrison Introduction

harrison mike mjh.ns at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 15:01:57 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm an experienced web developer, but new to php and to Birmingham.

Would like to chat about strategies to prevent php code turning monstrous,
like jsp's at previous place of work.  Even though we did use a struts-like
MVC, still had some files consisting 2000+ lines of code, scrambling
complex jsp logic with complex html. Ick.

Also worked in a situation where application framework and page framework
was given, and I just had to produce fragments, frequently by using XSLT on
XML to produce XHTML fragment.  So looking at apps/pages from A-Z is also
new-ish, and I'd like to chat about that as well.

Are any meetings scheduled in near future?  (Unfortunately I'm now off for
a few weeks - Mum's 80th in Australia.)  I look forward to meeting the
community.

Cheers,

Mike Harrison