[Phpwm] PHP Developer Job (Bromsgrove, Wildfire Internet)

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 08:36:37 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've been asked to pass this on -
thanks
David.

Wildfire Internet Limited – Job Description

Job Title: PHP Developer

Job Purpose:

Working within a small development team, this person will be responsible for developing new web services and extending and supporting our existing web platforms.

Roles And Responsibilities

	• Build a good working knowledge of our existing software platforms and each system’s codebase.
	• Improve our existing codebase where necessary.
	• Understand new business requirements for our existing platforms and plan out how these changes will fit into the existing codebase.
	• Assist in the design and planning of new applications.
	• Accurately estimate the length of time for development work.
	• Write good quality code adhering to acceptable standards and security.
	• Undertake testing and perform remedial work.
	• Contribute ideas and bring innovation to the team.

Knowledge, skills and experience

	• Minimum 2 years experience in PHP, MySQL.
	• Experience in AJAX, Javascript plus HTML and CSS.
	• Experience in XML and integration via API’s into Facebook, Twitter etc.
	• Must be self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude.
	• Must be up-to-date with current web technology trends.
	• Ability to quickly understand and interpret business requirements.
	• Ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
	• Able to meet deadlines and manage own workload in line with agreed targets.

Location

The job is based at Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Salary

Salary is dependant upon experience but will be competitive.

Application Process
Please email your CV to neil.whelan at wildfireinternet.co.uk