[Phpwm] Zend Framework Job at London Startup

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 08:39:17 UTC 2012

Alex Mace wrote:
>> The site is "finished"
> Well, that just fills me with confidence that this is a great job! :-p

Perhaps they have now realised the mistake that they made using Zend at all ;)
Now it needs a complete rewrite to work with Zend2 ?

ANYBODY find that Zend is a good base to work from? I've inherited a number of
sites that are Zend based, but supporting them is a nightmare and so they are
slowly being reworked in a more user friendly framework that also allows the
customers to update their own content.

Also PIWIK has had to replace the Zend database library with a more efficient
one, but it's too slow still for some functions. The Zend library DB itself is
still very lacking in cross database facilities :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL