[Phpwm] Experienced database and web developer seeks LAMP work experience

harrison mike mjh.ns at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 15:00:31 UTC 2012

Dear list members,

I accepted voluntary severance from British Airways at the end of September
2011 in order to move to Birmingham, and since then have been re-tooling in
PHP technologies, as they are much more popular than JSP and XSLT.  I have
now played with my own LAMP box long enough to be ready for some real-life
experience.  Hence I am seeking a work experience placement with a
Birmingham team using all or most of the following: PHP5/OOP, MySQL, MVC
framework, Smarty templates, Drupal, Wordpress and the usual web front-end
technologies mentioned below.

My experience includes ORACLE, as well as XHTML, CSS and javaScript
(including some jQuery).  Much of my work was with View (of MVC fame),
using JSP or XSLT to render XHTML. I also have much Linux and CMS
(TeamSite) experience, some Apache experience, and good team/client
communication and documentation skills.

I am willing to give a suitable team 30hrs/wk of my time for 3 months, in
order to add commercial LAMP experience to my CV, helping me to capitalize
on my previous experience, and to break into the PHP market.

My LinkedIn CV: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mike-harrison/3b/539/466

My business-card page: http://orchid-web-dev.co.uk – Yii framework, PHP,
html, CSS, javaScript.

Some contracting work: http://www.nedtc.ac.uk - layout html and
site-specific CSS.

Ba.com work:
*
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/holidays-destination-guides/public/en_gb-
CMS, html, CSS, javaScript.
*         Payment page – enter details in plan trip pod (top right hand),
and follow through until payment page – XSLT, html, page-specific CSS,
javaScript.
*         E-ticket emails – unfortunately you would have to actually book a
trip to see this – XSLT, html.
*
https://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb - XSLT,
html, page-specific CSS.

Further details are available on request.

Regards,

Mike Harrison