[Preston] Linux wireless networking in Lancashire.

kenw preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 2 11:53:00 2002

Hi Steve,

You may have a problem sniffing my network at present as my antenna is
not ideal, I am ordering a new antenna today.

WNAP as a group is a member of consume, each node we activate is listed
  in the consume database. Connecting to other nodes (non-WNAP) is not a
problem, as long the the node owner permits this. Most consume
registered nodes a open.

You are correct that WNAP have taken it one step further with remote
authentication. Our network is open and free to use, but we do require
users to register a user access account. This is purely to protect
people who are using the network as it is required for the startup of
the VPN.

All the best,
Ken