[Preston] Re: some quick questions about a linux laptop

Kevin Golding preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 23 12:45:01 2002

> However, I am
> told that GNOME2 in SuSE is very weak (just like Red
> Hat's crippled version
> of KDE).  Have you any opinion on this?  I need good
> (or better :D) GNOME2
> support.

Sorry, can't really help you much with Gnome, as I
tend to just stick with the default KDE on SuSE (not
that I have anything against Gnome, mind you).

SuSE 8.1 does have Gnome2, but it's not installed by
default, you have to specifically select it. As to how
complete it is, I can't really tell because I am not
familiar with Gnome. Maybe in the New Year we can get
together at a meeting or something and you can have a
rummage around with SuSE 8.1 to see what is and isn't
there.

Merry Christmas to all, and all the best for 2003,
and for any other IT contractors out there, I am sure
you will all join in for a good hearty "Good Riddance"
to 2002.

Kevin