[Preston] Re: USB support under Linux

Guy preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Nov 2 02:02:00 2002

Adrian,
It would appear that the device is detected and relevant modules are loaded.
The important one in this case is the stv680 module. Here is the development
site for this module:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/stv0680-usb/
Check out the above project homepage and see if you can find any more info
relevant to your particular camera. See if they recommend a particular piece
of software that can be used to access it. There will probably be a mailing
list of some sort you could subscribe to. More than likely it will be for
developers, but they should be reasonably helpful if you email them.  ;-)

You have got further than I did with my webcam (a D-Link DSC350)- no driver
module claimed the device. :-/
All is not lost:
http://www.scorpio.uklinux.net/webcam/webcam.html

Regards,