[Preston] RE: memory

John preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Nov 10 22:14:01 2002

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have managed to get IPCop up and running
and this email is coming to you via the firewall... I made a couple of
mistakes, one is that there is a bug in IE which means that you have to
disable proxying through the browser in order to administer IPCop and the
other was that I had checked "on demand dialling". Once I had changed both
these items the modem burst into life and then it was just a quick reconfig
of windows to point to the new gateway and a quick reconfig of IE and voila,
back online.... Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions, it's so
good to have people on the list to lend a hand when all seems lost...

John