[Preston] Network Newbie need help with WiFi

Richard Revis preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 20 21:06:00 2002

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2002 8:23 pm, Ken Wolstencroft wrote:

> If you get this working, would you be willing to join our community
> wireless LAN project. This is a completely voluntary project, trying to
> create a coherent wireless network accross the region.

I would be interested in learning more about this. I now have a system se=
t up=20
here using 802.11b, hooked up to a 10dbi antenna, but as I am in St Annes=
=20
this may be too far away.

What are you using for the dynamic routing? I was using OSPF/Zebra, but e=
nded=20
up switching to mobile mesh as it handles some things a lot better, and i=
s a=20
lot less of a pain to install ;o)

--=20
Richard Revis
Outgoing e-mail is signed with my public PGP key
You may obtain a copy of my key at http://key.revis.org