[Preston] Module/Kernel versions

Guy preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 11:48:03 2002

If you set the CONFIG_MODVERSION to Y, surely that would make the kernel a
bit more flexible in the modules it would load.
In Debian you can define a custom revision number for the kernel. maybe by
applying the patch you have somehow changed the revision number? The kernel
and modules revision numbers have to match especially if the modversion is
not set.
Is there such a command in Mandrake as 'make modules_clean' that you could do
before 'make menuconfig'. The 'Debian way' of kernel compilation is slightly
different but I would have to use a similar command. This only really applies
to modules that are not built into the kernel i.e third party or special
modules that cannot be built in for whatever reason. (I have to put these in
/usr/src/modules)

Just ideas :0)
--
Guy