[Preston] Help

Adrian Hodgson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 11 00:16:00 2002

Martyn Welch wrote:
> Hi Adrain,
>
> One to try would be minicom
>
> Martyn
>
> On Wednesday 09 October 2002 22:52, Adrian Hodgson wrote:
>
>>Can any one point me to any simple HyperTerminal style packages for Linux,
>>I am still in need of sorting out the modem ppp connection on the Linux
>>box.
>>
>>If all else fails?  how do I echo commands such as the AT set to the modem
>>on Com1, ttyS0 and see the answers?
>>
>>Cheers Adrian.
>>
>>http://www.aphtrading.co.uk/pages/apage1.htm    Weekend Workshop
>>http://www.aphtrading.co.uk/pages/apage2.htm    Home made propane Foundry
>>http://www.aphtrading.co.uk/pages/apage3.htm    Learning CNC on a Vertical
>>Mill

I have just sorted the problem and it is 00:12 in the morning after
playing around with wvdial and rp3 and network config etc will no results!!.

The problem was wit the PC, for some reason, possibly done when I set
the second NIC card in the machine for the Wednesday Linux meeting in
Leyland I must have completely screwed up the I/O and IRQ settings for
the serial ports.

I might have caught it if the messages on boot-up did not scroll past to
fast to read.

Still I am again connected to the internet via the Linux box.  Now I
have just to stop the system time from changing and going wrong, must
try batery!

Cheers all and thanks for assistance.

Adrian