[Preston] Linux And USB Harddrives

Gareth Llewellyn preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 09:49:06 2002

<DIV>I have bought a USB Solid State harddrive: <A href="http://www.twinmos.com.tw/products/queryall1_Card7.asp">http://www.twinmos.com.tw/products/queryall1_Card7.asp</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And Redhat 8.0 detects it (It shows up in the hardware profile) but I have no idea how to access it. Now I believe that I have to "mount" it before it becomes a usable device. I am sure it is probably a simple line of text to write or something so if anyone could shed some light on this please. Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>