[Preston] Uni interest in PLUG

Guy preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 28 23:28:01 2002

Greetings penguin lovers,
Maybe some people will remember that several weeks ago I posted to the group
about a request to a Uni lecturer (who used to teach me) asking if there was
any chance the group could use any Uni facilities to hold meetings. Obviously
the Greyfriars has only limited capabilities for demos, displays etc.
It took him a while to get back to me (he is quite busy) but apparently there
is now a new lecturer at the Uni who is very pro UNIX/Linux. I have emailed
the new chap with details of PLUG and informed him of the meeting times, so,
he may come to Wednesdays meeting. (But I don't know this for sure, he may
not. I am not acquainted with him personally.)
Anyway I detect a growing interest in Linux in the University, which can only
be a good thing.
I will be there on Weds at around 8:30, in any case. (I missed the last two
meetings.)
Laters,
--
Guy