[preston] Cannot chmod with ftp

Wayne Ward preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 09:08:00 2002

Download webmin from http://www.webmin.com
Rpm version available you ant go wrong I can show you how from there defo.
Install the rpm package then reboot the workstation (sometimes you don't
need to reboot)
Open up your web browser and type in https://localhost:10000
If that doesn't work type in http://localhost:10000
Then you will be prompted for your root username and password
Then go to the servers tab then pick from the ftp server you are running
WU-ftp or Pro-ftp
You can configure the servers In there and setup all permissions once you
have fixed the problem you can either shut port 10000 with iptables or
ipchains or simply remove the webmin rpm package.....
Or log on to irc.openprojects.net with xchat or any irc client
Once logged on type /join #redhat
And join the red hat chat room and ask in there you might get somebody who
knows what they are talking about and not feeding you with incorrect
information.

Wayne