[Preston] GFDL not free?

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Mon Dec 1 20:32:03 GMT 2003

'ellow,

Thanks to all who replied on this thread.  I have only just had the time
to read all of the replies carefully.  There some very interesting
points made :-).

I will certainly look in to the other licences mentioned.  I have often
thought that, for different reasons, the GPL, BSD and public domain
licences can claim that they are ``truly free, as in freedom''.

I had not heard of the licences from creativecommons.org, but I had
heard of the site.  I'll give it a read.  I suppose another one to
consider is the Artistic License (a la Perl) but I have not read that
yet, either.

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>