[Preston] debian newbie

Jon Hill jon at fairserve.org
Tue Dec 9 09:49:36 GMT 2003

Hi All

I am strongly considering making the switch from RedHat to Debian for my
company servers. Could someone give me any tips and advice on some of the
major differences to be aware of. My usual server setup on RedHat has made
use of the RedHat network for updates but with a custom web environment build
from source of Apache, php, mod_perl, openssl, mod_ssl. I have also often
used Bastille for server 'hardening' but I believe that is a RedHat /
Mandrake product, is there something similar on Debian worth looking at. I am
just interested in a general discussion really.

Jon