[Preston] kernel version in debian 3.0r1

Jim Skelton preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 8 09:17:01 2003

How easy its it to get the Debian 3.0.r1 to install the 2.4 kernel. Is it
just an installation default?

I have been reading the Debian release notes and I read the following
"Although the 2.4 branch is considered by the
     kernel developers to be a stable kernel branch, the Debian GNU/Linux
     release team judged it not to have reached sufficient maturity for
     inclusion as the default kernel in this release."

I've been using 2.4 on a rh7.2 for ages now without significant problems! But
am considering switching to Debian