[Preston] Hello

Chris preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 20:25:00 2003

hrm, is this still the thread i started a couple weeks ago? lol.anyways,
I just got back from a hard disk failure :(. i lost just about
everything. managed to mount the old hdd and get some of my coursework
off of, but not all. took me 3 days to update aswell, didd'nt realise
how old my potatoe cd was. 300mb of upgrade debs later, and a kernel
rebuild i think im done. I'll probably find something else thati need
installing. I Think it was that messing i did with the kernel source the
other week most likely, as i was seeing huge amounts of hdd activity
even when i killed off most of my processes and diddnt do anything. So i
got the 2.4.20 sources again and patched to 2.4.21-pre3 and everythings
working fine :D.</silly update>