[Preston] News !!!

Phil Robinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 15 09:33:00 2003

Hi all,

MEETINGS

Meetings are now held on the first Wednesday of each month, starting at
7:30pm in the Kirkham Building of The University of Central Lancashire and
then a less formal meeting at 8:30 in the Grey friar Pub.

All members and any guests are welcome to attend either or both parts of the
meetings.

The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 5th February 2003.

The agenda for the meeting is available in the "EVENTS" section of the
website. http://www.preston.lug.org.uk/

DIRECTIONS

To get to the Kirham Building, find the Students Union at the top of Fylde
Road. Opposite (across Fylde Rd) is the pub called the 'Times Square'. On
the right hand side of the pub is a small service road/alley. Kirkham
building is about 200m down this alley, across the carpark on the left. A
two storey building.

The "Kirkham building" and the "Grey friar" are quite central in Preston.
I've marked them both on the map which is also on the website.

OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS

I also have the pleasure in announcing that Guy Heatley has agreed to take
on the role of group secretary and will be helping us to move the group
forward in 2003.

I hope to see some of you there !

Phil Robinson.