[Preston] Mouse Pointer

Steve Taylor preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 24 13:33:35 2003

I am running a Mandrake 9.0 system with KDE desktop, and having a problem
with the mouse, of all things. It is a very_standard Micro$oft PS/2 2-button
mouse.

The mouse pointer is very very slow... so I go in to Control Centre,
Peripherals, Mouse, and turn up the "Pointer Acceleration".

With the "Pointer Acceleration" set to about 12x, I am comfortable with the
speed. But now the mouse jumps about in blocks 12 times bigger than before.

These are big ugly noticeable blocks which make it impossible to select
anything precisely, or work at all efficiently.

Now I'm new to GUI's, being a command line person at heart, but I can't
believe this problem hasn't been found and solved before.

I don't know what version of X or KDE I am runnning, but if this is
important, I'm sure I can find out.

Any ideas someone?

Thanks

Steve