[Preston] dvd playing under linux

Richard Wellstead preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 27 21:18:01 2003

Does no-one else use mplayer here? (http://www.mplayerhq.hu). You'll
have to read the README and compile it... there are some binaries
elsewhere but I haven't tried these. mplayer rocks!! dvd playback is
perfect, it has great keyboard shortcuts, supports tons of codecs etc.

For dvd reading to work properly you should install the latest copies of
libdvdread and libdvdcss...

Regards,

 Richard