[Preston] forum

David Farrell d.a.farrell at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 20:32:24 GMT 2003

Don't get me wrong, I think gentoo is great. Total uber optimized system
if you build completely from scratch. With 2.6test5 compiled with
preemptibility etc etc I couldn't believe the performance I got out of
kde. Outstanding.

Am currently playing with redhat and apt4rpm. Apt is a cool tool. Built
a system with mythtv (www.mythtv.org), found a guide to do it from an
apt source. Double good.

Bye.