[Preston] GFDL not free?

David Farrell d.a.farrell at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 00:25:50 GMT 2003

FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO SAY TWO PLUS TWO EQUALS FOUR

>From www.gnu.org

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/copyleft.html

The GNU Free Documentation License (FDL) (available in HTML, text and
Texinfo) is a form of copyleft intended for use on a manual, textbook or
other document to assure everyone the effective freedom to copy and
redistribute it, with or without modifications, either commercially or
noncommercially.

Copylefted instructions? So obviously this is making the software free
and making the instructions free. The support will still cost $$$ but
until we overthrow the capitalists what you expects?

But seriously. Stallman is insane - he started coding GNU from His mind
and then when His wrists seized he dictated code to students. That Man
IS free software - no way can He go wrong. And He has by far the biggest
beard I have ever seen. And if you don't like the license, write your
own!!! Is fsf/gnu the controllers of all human freedom (I personally
think most humans might be too stupid to be trusted with their own
freedom - therefore government. Unfortunately most governments fall in
to the earlier group of most humans). Lets start the looseware
foundation. Software can be free, commercial, public domain, private,
but ultimately someone will crack it and we'll all use it anyway?

Debian is not the be all and end all of free software? Give the source
away. If you code it, they will compile it (if it has a use) (any one
want my source for hello.f?)

Anyroad, docs suck. Work out why it don't work on your own. :)

Acceptance by one's peers is not a necessary focus for ones life.