[Preston] [OT] (but not as much as the one about the boots) - Rattly AGP RIVA TNT2 video card

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Thu Aug 19 19:45:08 BST 2004

'ello,

At a guess I'd say any card that was VESA 2.0-compatible would be fine,
if you don't need 3D.  It may be interesting to note (though from what
you say I doubt it is what you're looking for) that the ATi Radeon 9100
is quite a nice card (ok, not /too/ modern any more) and has
fully-supported Open Source 3D drivers courtesy of the DRI project.  The
box it comes in appears to be a picture generated by POV-ray, too...

But for 2D work, I suspect pretty much anything on the market today
would be OK.  You might want to have a look here:

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/

as it may be of use for checking specific models.

Hope this helps, bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>