[Preston] [OT (a bit)] UNIX-based Christmas Tidings to All

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Fri Dec 24 13:56:32 GMT 2004

'ello,

Well it seems I have failed rather miserably to keep up with this list
whilst at Uni.  The effects of the final year are that I actually have
to do some work this time around :-).  Will try to keep up from now on
though.  Anyway, on to my main reason for posting.  It was a fortune so
I can't take credit for it; I just thought that the list may appreciate
it...

        better !pout !cry
        better watchout
        lpr why
        santa claus < north pole > town

        cat /etc/passwd > list
        ncheck list
        ncheck list
        cat list | grep naughty > nogiftlist
        cat list | grep nice > giftlist
        santa claus < north pole > town

        who | grep sleeping
        who | grep awake
        who | grep bad || good
        for (goodness sake) {
                be good
        }

Sounds like I've missed some good meetings (the regex one especially
would've been up my street).  I imagine that the on in January will be
in the 2nd week, so I'll just miss it as I am back in Lufbra on the
10th.  Anyway, have a great Christmas and New Year!

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>