[Preston] Last Weds Meeting

Guy Heatley guy at remember-tomorrow.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 23:46:59 GMT 2004

Hello,
Here's a summary of the notes I made at the PLUG meeting last Weds.

Future Meetings Topics & Presenters Spring 2004
Stephen		Wireless technology	March
Guy		Zope / Plone		April
John		VAX / Net BSD demo	May

Matthew		ALSA sound config	TBC
Steve		Email servers		TBC

TBC=To be conformed

Thanks to those mentioned above for volunteering!

Other Possible Meeting Topics
=============================
Here's a list of topics that were considered interesting enough to have as
the topic of a meeting, if anyone out there wished to pick up the topic
and run with it:

Boot loaders
LVM
IPSec, FreeSwan
Networked X Windows
LUFS
Firewalling
DVD playing

If anyone knows a bit about any of the above and would be prepared to give
a demo / present a meeting please contact myself or Phil.

As we always point out, no-one is expecting detailed discussion of the
source-code at these meetings, just a practical overview and enough
thought provoking material to last about an hour. Brief demos of something
"in action" with the possiblity of a talk through of the configuration are
wholly acceptable.

Cheers!
--
Guy