[Preston] Re : Just installed Fedora Core 1

Granville Cousins granville at yogawithgranville.com
Fri Jan 16 00:48:28 GMT 2004

Hello PLUG,

I've just installed Fedora Core 1 on the second hard disk on my
desktop PC. I'm having trouble finding out how to get connected to
the Internet and would like to know, when I do get connected, if and
where I can get an AntiVirus programme. At present I am using AVG
AntiVirus under Windows XP and for my email client I am using The
Bat! This is an excellent email programme and is very configurable. I
have a data base with round about 2,000 entries and divided up into
directories so I would like to run this in Linux to. I have heard
about a programme called Wine which allows Microsoft Windows
programmes to run under Linux. Where would I get this?

Also I'm in Preston this coming Sunday round about 12:00 till 16:00.
If anyone would like to meet up with me for a couple of hours after
this time, and maybe run through a couple of things with me about Linux
and how practical it is to use as a replacement for Microsoft Windows I
would appreciate it.

Thanks PLUG.

--
Love and Light,