[Preston] Re: Modem Issues

Granville Cousins granville at yogawithgranville.com
Tue Jan 20 03:11:44 GMT 2004

Hello PLUG,

I have installed Fedora on the second hard disk on my desktop computer
which is an emachines 570. The installation seemed to go well. Have
now tried to connect to the Internet but when I try the Query Modem
options the modem is not detected. The modem is a Conexant softK56 and
is mounted on COM 3. On my Laptop, which is a Toshiba Satellite
2180CDT I have run Knoppix from the CD ROM drive. Again after trying to
connect to the Internet and using the Query Modem option, I get a
similar message. Could anyone tell me how to get connected to the
Internet and configuring Fedora and Knoppix to achieve this end.

Thanks.

--
Love and Light,
 Granville                          mailto:granville at yogawithgranville.com