[Preston] Last meeting

Guy Heatley guy at remember-tomorrow.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 16:12:19 BST 2004

Hello,
After a discussion in the meeting on Weds and some horse trading in the
pub afterwards, a schedule has been formulated for the coming months:

August: Ten cool tricks that you possibly didn't know you could do with
Linux.
Presented by: Gareth, Stephen and the new chap (sorry I didn't catch your
name.)
(Maybe this could include some coverage of networking as requested on the
mailing list?)

September: Loopback encryption.
Presented by: John

October: Linux Demo Session - for people new to Linux
Presented by: All the regulars + anyone else who wants to help.
We hope to follow this up with an installation day the weekend after this
session, based on interest generated by this. i.e.We need to advertise
this event to (a) new students (b) the general public.

November: Regular Expressions
Presented by: Guy and John

December: User Mode Linux
Presented by: Guy

So this is the next five months pinned down.

There was also interest in IP tables, IP masquerading, firewalling etc.
Jim suggested a workshop on configuration of this stuff as no-one present
seemed to be well up on these topics.
If anyone reading this is well up on these subjects, and would be prepared
to do a presentation, please let me know.

Other potential topics for future meeting were mentioned:
kernel boot parameters, VPN's, LDAP

That's all for the moment!
Cheers!
--
Guy

PS Best wishes to PLUG member John who is moving to Sheffield :-)