[Preston] Liverpool

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 8 17:51:19 BST 2004

I was up in Liverpool today (speaking on the FLOSS panel
at Interactive Cities) and I found quite a few small IT
companies, many using LAMP. In fact, like everywhere else,
start-ups have turned to Free Software.

Despite this there is no LUG there (there was a ``students
only'' one at the University, now defunct). I exchanged
correspondence with someone there last year about
starting another - but haven't had the chance to take it
further. Until now.

Is there anyone else on these lists who regularly/occasionally
does IT work in Liverpool, and would like to help kick-start
a group there for Free Software and GNU/Linux users and
businesses?

 - Richard