[Preston] BBC Radio Listen Again website and Realplay

Dougie Nisbet plug at highmoor.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 14:54:34 GMT 2004

A couple of meetings ago I grumbled about how difficult it is to listen to
some broadcasts on the internet because they use Realplayer embedded into the
browser. The main example of this is the BBC listen again pages. Some
broadcasts are ok, but others open a seperate window with an embedded
realplayer session that I haven't had much success with. e.g. The Archers
(it's not for me you understand...)

At the meeting a couple of people mentioned that it was easier just to get the
URL and enter it into a dedicated Realplayer session rather than muck about
with the embedded player. I'd like to try that but I can't figure out how to
establish the address. I've tried view page source and bookmarking the link
and a few other things without much success. My current combination is
mozilla and debian/testing. Does anyone know how to get the location that
Realplay wants from the BBC pages?

Dougie