[Preston] Re: Installing Fedora Core 1

Granville Cousins granville at yogawithgranville.com
Wed Mar 24 11:07:23 GMT 2004

Hello Garry,

Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 11:36:06 AM, you wrote:

Garry> What is happening now when you reboot the system.
Garry> Do you get the boot loader (I.e. lilo)
Garry> or
Garry> Does it boot into W2K

Garry> Normally with this type of install you would choose the MBR to install the
Garry> boot loader too. This makes life simple for a small boot setup.

Garry> Have you tried simply repeating the process. Some times, things just don't
Garry> work :)

Garry> With regards to the partion. You need ( in therory) a swap partion ( about
Garry> 500mb sould do ) and your ext2 (82) partion to install Linux too. With the
Garry> setup you discribed, I can't see a problem.