[Preston] Re: Installing Fedora Core 1

(BPD) Martyn Ashworth m.ashworth at bigpurpledot.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 11:41:00 GMT 2004

Just a thought (or two):

Is it program specific for SWAP, the only reason i ask is that i run
512Mb of RAM and when i occasionally check the /proc/meminfo i have
around 80Mb of Physical RAM free, yet my swap can be at 50->200Mb. I
just wondered if certain programmes can insist on swap rather than
physical as they are not requiring the memory for speedy access (or
other such trivial matters).

Probably barking in the wrong forest but there we are.

Martyn.