[Preston] Late Introduction

(BPD) Martyn Ashworth m.ashworth at bigpurpledot.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 10:34:55 GMT 2004

Hello PLUG,

As I am a bit of a mailing list hoarder I suppose I should introduce
myself. I was subscribed to this very list some time ago, but i sadly
let my old domain die and thus, any mailing lists I was subscribed to.

My name is Martyn Skene Ashworth (Skene being the name of a small
Scottish clan originating from near Aberdeen).

Born in Farnworth in the latter part of 1977, I have been causing
problems ever since. I 'emigrated' (it felt like it) to Cambridge (and
then across to Suffolk) some 9(ish) years ago where I fell into (and
then out of) love and somehow managed to bring forth into this world a
small version of me (only a lot cuter) named Jennifer.

I moved back to Bolton about 16 months ago, and have been working on a
few projects (contracting work, small-time) mainly in SQL-Server and ASP
(not my fault, follow the $) before i pulled the plug a month back and
have pushed my energies into the development of a cross-platform (using
SDL [http://www.sdl.org]) 'Championship Manager' clone (i hate Wine, and
I hate Championship Manager not working through Wine!).

Have been using Linux since 1994 (AIX since 1992) and have been
converted (using as a desktop machine) since around 2000. I currently
use Fedora Core 1 with KDE 3.1.

I achieved an RHCE (RedHat Certified Elephant - Cert.No.
807001910702797) in version 7.0, and never renewed my qualification (i
remember it cost my employers some 300,000 pennies for a 1 week course).
This apparently gives me expertise in all things RedHat but it really
just gives me the right to wear a small pin-badge (which I've lost).

Anyway, hope to meet many of you at the next PLUG meet/event whatever.

Martyn.

P.S. - Thanks to whoever burnt me the CD of RedHat 8.0 I asked for over
a year ago, I forget your name, or if i said thank-you back then (i hope
i did!?) but it was greatly appreciated ;)