[Preston] Alsa question

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Sat Mar 27 16:34:24 GMT 2004

'ellow,

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 16:17, xsc0de at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
. . .
> very tinny/bass-less... any ideas if there's a setting i'm missing... also i
> can't get any mixers to work in KDE!

I am not really a KDE expert but I would imagine the problem could be
the same one as I had with GNOME -- the default mixer for GNOME was not
ALSA-aware so most of the controls didn't work.  If you apt-get install
gnome-alsa-mixer (should work under KDE but will look ugly), you'll see
that it has all the options supported by your ALSA driver.  Perhaps this
will include tone control (and many others).

Which version of Debian are you using?  If it is a server I am asuming
it will be stable.  The ALSA software has come a long way since Woody
was released and you may find that getting a newer version (from a site
such as backports.org) will fix the problem (if it is a driver problem
instead of a mixer problem).

Hope this helps, bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>