[Preston] Hello

Mark Stewart apwi03 at dsl.pipex.com
Wed May 5 22:38:16 BST 2004

Hello everybody,
Came along late on wednesday cos only got mail at 5 to 8, but saw that the topic was VAX/VMS and was interested.

VAX/VMS is still used quite heavily in the company that I work for, the m,ajority of software designs and software compilation is currently done on our 2 clusters of Alpha and VAX machines.
The reason being is that all the software is safety critical and vms is quite secure.

Anyway hope to get to the next meet,

Just to introduce myself my skillset is mainly UNIX(Solaris), have spent 2 years on VAX/VMS and then moved to UNIX about 2.5 years ago and like everybody got windows experience as well. I program Shell/AWK/SED and C/C++.

Mark.