[Preston] Suse Linux 9.1 Pro Installation Problems...

Colonel NFT colonelnft at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 10:46:37 BST 2004

I have now tried to delete the RAID array and use the drives as two
seperate devices.  I have installed Suse on one drive and XP on the
other but upon boot GRUB does not appear and boots straight into XP.
I installed a seperate boot manager to how the filesystems are
structured at the moment and it shows Linux on one drive and XP on the
other with GRUB at the boot sector of the linux drive. Therefore,
obviously GRUB won't appear.  I will now try to disconnect the first
SATA drive with XP on it and see if it boots Linux...

In addition, I have downloaded the Via Raid Controller drivers for
Linux but they are pacakged only for Mandrake, Fedora and Red Hat !!!!
 No Suse Option.....

I will report back my progress but if anyone has any other ideas,
please feel free to post....

Regards